For Day 3 of our #JuneBloom challenge we have Ustrasana or Camel Pose 💗 I have opted for a variation. To get into the traditional posture 1. Begin by kneeling upright with your knees hip-distance apart. Rotate your thighs inward and press your shins and the tops of your feet into the floor. Do not squeeze your buttocks.
Rest your hands on the back of your pelvis, with your fingers pointing to the floor. Lengthen your tailbone down toward the floor and widen the back of your pelvis.
2. Lean back, with your chin slightly tucked toward your chest. Beginners can stay here, keeping their hands on their back pelvis.
3. If you are comfortable here, you can take the pose even deeper. Reach back and hold onto each heel. Your palms should rest on your heels with your fingers pointing toward your toes and your thumbs holding the outside of each foot.
4. Keep your thighs perpendicular to the floor, with your hips directly over your knees. If it is difficult to grasp your heels without feeling compression in your low back, tuck your toes to elevate your heels. You can also rest your hands on yoga blocks placed to the outside of each foot.
5. Lift up through your pelvis, keeping your lower spine long. Turn your arms outward without squeezing your shoulder blades. Keep your head in a neutral position, or allow it to drop back without straining or crunching your neck.
6. Hold for 5 deep breaths. To release, bring your hands back to your front hips. Inhale, lead with your heart, and lift your torso by pushing your hips down toward the floor. Your head should come up last. Rest in Child’s Pose (Balasana).
#InvertBasics Day 16 Pike legs Handstand with wall assist. 💚 outfit @aloyoga
Follow all the hosts :
💚 This is the final day of our challenge...thanks to all you yogis who joined us! #aloyoga#beagoddess
#InvertBasics Day 15 Padmasana Sarvangasana/ Urdhva Padmasana
From Salamba Sarvangasana, bend the legs at the knees and fold them into lotus. First place the right foot over the left thigh, and then the left foot over the right thigh. Align your lotus horizontally with the ground. Once you find balance, lift your hands to support your knees. Balance for 5 breaths.
Follow all the hosts :
It doesn't matter what you choose. What matters is the energy with which you choose it. Because if you choose it with a positive energy, you attract energy to the choice you made. And then the choice always becomes the right one. 💛✨ wearing my fave @aloyoga#aloyoga#beagoddess
We inhabit a universe that is characterized by diversity. 💙 I'm wearing the Hearts Connect Cuff created by @blingjewelry for @aylluofficial. Three well known symbols make up the AYLLU: Hearts for love, Infinity entwined forever, and a clover for good fortune. ✨
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you've faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome. ✨🙏🏽 outfit @aloyoga#aloyoga#beagoddess