Are you a prisoner to your own workspace? Chained to your desk with your bum planted firmly on that not-so-comfortable chair? Well, this self-enslavement could hurt your business in the long run, because if you aren’t in good health to keep it running, then who is?
While Federal health officials recommend at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, like brisk walking, every day, some researchers suspect that even daily exercise may not be enough to counteract the effects of sitting too much throughout the day. :
So whether it’s excel, photoshop, or emails on top of your to-do list, mix up your routine with these simple tricks:
• Take a 10-minute activity break every day
• Replace desk chairs with exercise balls
• Ditch the chair altogether and get a standing desk
• Do leg lifts while you sit
• Nail that perfect posture and stretch between tasks